WE ARE HERE TO HELP
SERVICES FOR DISPLACED FAMILIES FLEEING THE WAR IN UKRAINE
RISNW welcomes our newest arrivals from the Ukraine. We are here to offer a full range of resettlement services and more to families in need.
INTERPRETATION AND TRANSLATION BY OUR UKRAINIAN SPEAKING STAFF
- Finding transitional and permanent housing
- Rental assistance
- Furniture and household items
- Emergency assistance
- Immigration Legal assistance
- Employment authorization documents and fee waivers
- Applications for adjustment of immigration status
- Filing for asylum
- Finding a primary health care provider and making appointment
- Enrolling children in school and pre-school
- Obtaining needed personal items (hygiene, diapers, etc.)
- Applying for benefits
- Job search assistance
- Help with job applications and resume preparation
- Community jobs and WEX (paid and unpaid volunteer work experience)
- Orientation to the working in the US
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ACQUISITION (ESL CLASSES)
REFUGEE & IMMIGRANT SERVICES NORTHWEST (RISNW) IN THE NEWS
Beginning with the arrival of families from Afghanistan in the fall of 2021 and now Ukrainians who are seeking refuge in the US, Refugee & Immigrant Services Northwest has been quick to respond with a host of resettlement and other services, to help our newest residents. We also had great media coverage from both TV and print media which gives a snapshot of the work we are doing and as well as highlighting the stories of a few of the families we are serving. Click the story links below to be redirected to the original features.
A Huge Thank You to All of our Donors and Funders!
You are amazing.
We appreciate the tremendous support from our Community!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can help support Ukrainians families by donating needed items. As they came with very little in their sudden exodus from the Ukraine, we are accepting the following items (new only):
- Household items (Bedding, pillows, cooking and eating utensils, cookware, dishes, laundry detergent)
- Personal hygiene items (adult and children’s toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, diapers)
- Children’s backpacks
- Coloring books and crayons
- Gift cards for stores such as Target, Fred Meyer, and Walmart
Donation can be dropped off at Refugee & Immigrant Services Northwest. We are located at Everett Community College, Rainier Hall, Room 228, Everett, WA 98201. We are open Monday – Friday except holidays. Please call 425-388-9285 first for donation drop off hours.